Monday, June 21, 2010

Guess what we've been up to since school got out...






SWIMMING! It's too blasted hot to do anything else!!!

We have had a little bit of "non-swimming" excitement...just a little...

It all began with some frantic cleaning on my part, isn't that how most excitement starts? Then we went to airport on Thursday night and picked up my parents. Then we went to airport on friday morning and picked up Ryan's parents. And then on Friday night we picked up Ryan's sister, Natalie, and three of her kids, Ryan (8) Adam (7) and Amber (9 months). OH! And Remington had his VERY FIRST SCOUT DAY CAMP mixed into all of this. But this is only the very brink of the excitement. On Saturday morning we went to the church and Remington was BAPTIZED!



Remington, my first little baby. Now so big. He is our questioner. Our deep thinker. He houses the softest heart, with the most rugged exterior. Just thinking about my little man, I get all teary eyed!



Remington with his good friend and neighbor, Josh. These two have decided they want to be brothers...which is WONDERFUL in my world. Josh is such a great kid and we LOVE having him around!


Remington with his two cousins, Ryan and Adam. Having them there was such a special treat for Rem! We wish they were closer so we could see them MUCH MORE!


Baptism was followed by a PARTY at OUR PLACE with way too much food and, of course, swimming! That night, while the grandma's watched the baby girls, and my dad picked up Kent from the airport, the rest of us headed to LaserQuest. Love that game. I tried really hard to look tough in the picture, but I look more ticked off than anything.


Sunday was another big day. Ryan, Emri and I all left the house at 7:30 to be at Allie Dover's blessing (the Dovers are super wonderful friends and we really wanted to be there.) We left immediately after the blessing and headed back to our church for Emri's Blessing.

I am just NOT a "bow mom". I try really hard, but, honestly, I think she is so beautiful that the bow detracts from her.


My mom made Emri's blessing dress, and it is perfect. Simple and beautiful. Indi was blessed in my old blessing dress which my mom made from the leftover material of her wedding dress. Emri's dress was made from the leftover material of my wedding dress. Thanks to my mom, both girls have a priceless dress, that they will HAVE to bless their daughters in, even if they think the dress is hideous : )

We also bowled (sad that this is the best picture we have of bowling...)

Outdoor movie.


Tubing (this is when we got all the dirty looks from the wakeboarders--they didn't appreciate the waves.)

Walker got brave and tried the "ski-trainers". These things are hilarious. It is the No Fail skiing system. All you have to do is breathe...you don't have to even stand up if you don't want to. Just breathe, and you will live to tell of how you can ski.


And I had to include this cute one of Grandpa Stum talking to Emri.

And now, I will confess that I have fallen flat on my face with little Miss Emri. I am one tired mama. The house is usually a mess (I get to say usually because it was clean by friday afternoon because I had a wonderful cleaning lady help me out), I have NO desire to cook any meal: breakfast, lunch or dinner. And my brain has completely left me. It was mostly gone during the pregnancy, and once Emri came out, my brain went on hiatus and I am hoping she will be back soon, it is kind of hard to function without one. Life is getting better. We discovered that Emri is allergic to dairy, so I am on a dairy free diet (most of the time) and over the last week, we have discovered that she is even MORE allergic to soy (yes, that soy-based formula was not a good idea. She threw it up and threw it up and then, when it was all out of her stomach she threw up her bile...poor girl!) Next try will be hypoallergenic formula. I have also discovered that ALMOND MILK is pretty good! I kinda like it--until I read the nutrition label on the back...it's the good kind of fat, the good kind of fat, the good kind of fat. Not that it matters, I won't be shedding these baby pounds until I stop buying...

12 comments:

Jennie said...

wow, what a fun full weekend. Perfect to be able to have the blessing and baptism. Remi is getting very handsome.

The Kelly Variety said...

I'll write this slow so your pregnancy brain will understand. Lena, it is good to hear from you! I'm with you on the bow thing and the brain thing. (That's the real reason for typing slow!)
Congrats to Remington, baptisms are always so fun!

Sharlee said...

Ski Trainers. That sounds like something I could use, or could have used back when I was willing to TRY to learn how to ski and never could.
Remington is such a handsome boy! You are going to be hating it in five more years. Enjoy it while he doesn't know.
We should start a "brain dead" support group. I just try to take things one minute at a time and somehow it all sort of works out (as long as I don't start comparing myself to other moms who have brains).

Hannah S said...

What a busy weekend! Exhausting. You still recovering? How fun to be able to have so much family in town for two special occasions.I love those times. What baby fat are you referring to? I don't see any.

Andrea said...

I am SO not a bow mom, either, so I'm glad to know there are more of us out there - sometimes I feel neglectful because everyone else's mom has a bow for every outfit.

No dairy, huh? That's fun. Both my girls were like that - and I felt like I just ate bread and rice for their entire first year. Yuck.

Your cleaning spree made me laugh. That's EXACTLY how I feel when my parents announce a visit: emergency cleaning mode.

Now go get some rest.

Parley and Anna said...

So, if you're not a bow mom, how come you made a cajillion for me? :) I always feel so guilty for not using them more on Paige. But if it's any consolation, I use them in my hair.
I'm so glad everyone got to go down there. We'll get down there too one of these days!
And Emri is just so sweet! Does she look a lot like Indi did when she was a baby?
I love your kids and I love you and I guess I love Ryan too! (wow I rhymed--maybe I'm beginning to get my brain back!)

Haley said...

That sounds like one awesome weekend :) We would have LOVED to be there...a trip south is definitely due ;) Congrats to Rem on the baptism! And does he love being a Wolf Scout! (i was a den leader over the Wolves in our ward...can't wait to talk with him about it in July) And how perfect to have sweet Emri's blessing the same weekend :) I'm glad Mom, Dad, Nat, and the boys were able to be there for it all. And Walker on the training-skiis...woohoo!

Sawdust Girl said...

Fun, Exciting, Tiring weekend-it sounds like to me. Lazer Quest sounds fun. You totally look like a bad a**. I'm in on the "Brain Dead" Mommy club, and I haven't had a baby for 11 years. How long is it supposed to take to return? Beautiful family.

Kim said...

Looks like a fun and busy summer! Sorry to hear that Emri is allergic to dairy and soy. We had to buy the hypoallergenic formula with Talisa, expensive! Have you tried rice milk? I never tried the almond milk since she's allergic to nuts too. The blessing dress is gorgeous! I can't believe Rem's eight already, I remember going to his blessing.

Cherie said...

Soo much fun ,and so so busy. Just take a nap. That's what I do.

Kim said...

YAY! Loved all the pics- whew what a crazy and fun time! So glad that we were there to celebrate Rem and Emri's special days!

Kristi said...

I miss you... :)