Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apology

To my horror, I realized this evening that my latest blog entry had a somewhat major misspelling--which has since been corrected. Jeffress, I apologize for spelling your name incorrectly. I should have paid more attention, and the world can sigh with relief that I am not going to quit my day job to become a journalist. ( That's right folks, let it all out and just relax...journalism is not for me.)

On a more positive note, the article that alerted me to my error was one of the highlights on CNN's homepage entitled "Who Says Mormons aren't Christians?" by Dean Obeidallah. If you have a moment, it is worth the read. If not, the last paragraph sums it up in a nutshell:

"In comparing the hate-filled language of Jeffress with the words and good deeds of the Mormons we met, it is clear to me who is best following the teachings of Jesus Christ and truly deserves to be called a Christian."

Thank you Mr. Dean Obeidallah. You did your research well, and I appreciate the fact that you took took the time to share your view.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I think we all (Christians) believe in the bible, so why aren't we all following Matthew's advice and judging "trees" by their "fruits"? I'm glad this guy is, at least.

Andrea said...

p.s. I originally titled my post about Columbus Day 1892, instead of 1492. Yeah, in my head it said 1492, but my fingers typed of their own free will. I won't be going into journalism either.

Parley and Anna said...

I will sleep so much better now that you fixed that problem! Actually, when I read it, I didn't even notice...there goes my dream career in editing.