Monday, December 28, 2009

The other half of the Christmas Card--and random pics





In my natural state of geniuses, I ordered Postcards, instead of cards with envelopes. And then, in my natural state of laziness, we just mailed them out with pretty much nothing on them. Originally, when I thought I was sending out a card with an envelope, this was to accompany it:



Remington Football is something he breathes, eats and drinks
Along with his legos, and some edible sweet treats.
Dyslexia is something brand new in his world,
But he plans to work hard and give tutoring a whirl.
Baptism on June 18th is something he looks forward to,
And if you are close, he’d love you to come through.
Indi A soccer maniac, and a kindergarten joy,
A helper to mom and a playmate to boys,
The one thing she’s lacking is a girl next door
Thus all the excitement over one girl more.
Piano is something she seems to relish
She plays the songs great and likes to embellish.
Walker Wants to grow up too fast, riding away on his 2-wheeled bike
Going to preschool with friends, and finding a girl he likes.
To impress this girl, handsome is something he strives to be
And to smell good for her, a shower is already a necessity.
His prayers are the sweetest as he prays for mom and baby
He wants his family to be safe, and to grow up someday, maybe.
Lena Happy to not be on the couch sick and moving more easily about
Already anxious for April so she can get the baby out.
Running quite slow on her few morning jogs
But running too fast at her motherhood jobs.
Still in Young Women’s and loving every minute
She loves the girls and gets the best babysittin’.
Ryan Busy at work and too little time for recreation
He desperately needed that Kauai vacation.
Constantly complains that his pants are too tight,
His wife has some sympathy cause she knows what it’s like
He’s been super dad going on field trips this fall
And now, he’s gone and volunteered to help coach basketball!


Merry Christmas—We love you!

Non-christmas card note: Santa brought Ryan and I a better camera for christmas so the next batch of pics should be significantly better! Hurray!

3 comments:

Kim said...

We enjoyed your Christmas postcard!

The Kelly Variety said...

I enjoyed your card too. You are way ahead of me. By-the-way the one I would have sent to you is on my blog, but I'm not so impressive to even send a post card!

Alysha said...

I love my Christmas card. Its on the fridge still. And your little blurb to go with it is pretty cute.