Thursday, May 5, 2011

Walkety-Talk

Kids really do say the darndest things.

Today Walker was playing with his friend Derek; making forts, having camping "tea parties" (bet you didn't know those existed), and making a huge mess. During all the excitement they also found time to play with Emri and practice their "future dad" skills. Seizing upon the moment, I tell the boys what good dads they will be...someday they will meet a beautiful girl, fall in-love, and get married, and then they will blah-blah-blah (Walker was done listening.) Bashfully Walker interrupts with "I've already done that."

"Done what? "

"I've already done the first part."

Rewind in my mind, blah blah kids, blah married, blah fall in love and meet a beautiful girl..

"Who's the beautiful girl Walker?"

Too embarrassed to tell me, he gives me clues until I finally guess the gorgeous blonde girl that he has recently discovered at a friend's house (she is a cousin to his friend, so they get to see each other on only the most fortuitous days.)

Later that night I tell Walker to tell dad about the girl he likes. Once again, Walker is embarrassed (normally a very rare condition.) After telling Ryan some clues (to say her name would be far too embarrassing to bare) he then goes on to say that he only thinks girls who dress modestly are beautiful because the other ones are too SUXY. (the u is there on purpose)

3 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

I just love that little guy! Parker has found the girl he's going to marry too. At least they talk about it all the time. It is so funny.

And I love the "suxy"! Nice! Kind of like nibbles and peanuts right?! :)

EmJay said...

Too cute!

LaNan said...

Ha! That is hilarious! What a cute kid!