Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What Not to Wear

There are some things that a woman should definitely NOT wear, and I am 100% positive that Stacy and Clinton would agree with me when it comes to wearing this Lovely Contraption:



That's right, a jockstrap with cinchers located on your rear-end (in the perfect spot for all to see, and also provides the added benefit of dividing each bum cheek into two, creating the illusion of FOUR bum cheeks) and the not to be overlooked addition of lace on the front to add a touch of femininity--which is what sold me.

And since we are the topic of things I am dying to wear (literally), Here's my latest purchase:



Maybe some of you own a pair...so don't be offended...but they are HIDEOUS! And EXPENSIVE! My running shoes cost less than these babies (and, up until today I have NEVER spent close to what I pay for my running shoes on any other shoe--my old legs can't keep up with a mid-mileage running schedule unless I baby them.) So what drove me to this insanity, buying UGLY and EXPENSIVE shoes to wear daily until they fall apart on me (gotta get my money out of them)? You guessed it, the bliss of pregnancy! Aching back, aching legs (that keep me awake all night), ankles that are so sore I wanna cry, and you will have to guess what the jockstrap is for, or perhaps you have a beauty of your own hiding in your closet.

Worst case scenario: 6 weeks 4 days until deliverance.

And, in case anybody cares, in the last 30 minutes I have eaten 1 yogurt (the only healthy part) 3 servings of tortilla chips, 2 large handfuls of guittard milk chocolate chips, and now I am headed to the freezer for some ice cream. Ryan is working late, I need him to come home so I can stop gorging my face and go to bed.

9 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

Hi Lena, It is so fun to catch up on you and your family through your blog. I have no idea what the strap is for (I don't think I want to know) but I've been seeing the ads for the sketchers. I didn't know they were supposed to alleviate leg and ankle pain. I thought they were some kind of magical toning and weight loss tool. Can't wait for an update on their performance.

Andrea said...

I have been wanting some of those shoes, but I agree that they are ridiculously priced and ugly.

As for the strap...I am stumped. Is it to keep your baby where it belongs until it is fully cooked?

Speaking of shoes...I'm going shopping today to find some good work out shoes. I have no clue what I'm looking for. I wish you could come with me!

Kim said...

I had to wear a back brace with both pregnancies. Towards the end of number two, it was shot, thank goodness for great massage therapists! Hope the strap and the shoes help you!

Parley and Anna said...

Okay, really, that food problem you have is the same thing I experience the entire 6 months Parley is gone. However, I would gain 30+ pounds if actually did that everynight. So instead, I bury myself in projects and limit myself to water after 7. blah. Icecream, yogurt, and chocolate are way better!
I hope your glorious days of jockstraps and stylin' shoes don't last too much longer!

Kim said...

bah! That is quite the contraption- ha! So glad to now know just what it looks like. Just make sure to print up that blog post for your little one's baby book- It's amazing the sacrifices mom's make! And let me know what you think of those shoes- I've had quite a few friends buy them and really like them so far... maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Team Tingey said...

Lena you are so funny. I do know what that lovely jock strap is for. The joys of being a girl...oh my nack! Well enjoy your VVV (if thats what you need your fancy jock strap for).

dianeb said...

Oh Lena - wish we lived closer! - I'd come eat chocolate and ice cream with you =)
love you!
- do you know if you are having a boy or girl? I guess I haven't heard-
love ya tons!

Cherie said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy. I hope every thing goes well with the baby, and hope it comes just soon enough to be really healthy!

Alysha said...

I love it! Please tell me I will get a fashion show when I come to visit!