Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Be Not Deceived



When we were first married, Ryan's uncle asked him if I ever get angry. Ryan's retort was, "Is she ever NOT angry?" For some reason, I give off a more amiable, laid back impression to those who do not know me well; and those who do know me more intimately know very well that I should have been born with red hair considering the fire ball nature that consumes me. Now, add pregnancy, and months of restless sleep to the equation and you get one HUGE raunchy lady.

Case in point: Poor, unaware telemarketer who is simply doing his job calls our home. My blood starts to boil the moment I see who is calling because I have asked them NUMEROUS times to be taken off their calling list. I pick up and immediately ask to be removed from their calling list. He expertly begins to work in his little sales pitch, but I cut him off and inform him that I already know what they are selling and how it works and we are NOT interested and we do not want to be called anymore! He then jumps to the sales pitch part about how this is actually going to save us money (blah-blah-blah...I've already heard this all before) and I finally lose it. I begin in a loud voice that quickly escalates to a yell, "I said that we are not interested and that we do not want to be called again and I am going to sue you (yes, I threatened a law suit) if you call me again. This is harassment and you are harassing me (I have now entered a phase near hysteria)! So stop harassing me! Click!

The moment I finished my little escapade, I immediately felt sheepish and remorseful. Bright side: It has been nearly two weeks and they have not called again. There are some perks to be an overly emotional, highly distraught, drastically sleep-deprived, naturally fiery woman.

Random Pics: Here are the boys in the mud pit known as our yard. Walker especially loves riding the quad in the mud and he begs to do it every day. Ryan is the nice parent who allows such things to happen...

8 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

Lena you look so cute- ready to pop- but cute.

Oh my, I hope you have a hose out back to spray that boy off before he comes inside.

I hate, hate, hate it when you tell someone you're not interested and they just keep talking. I only wish I had the gumption to voice my demands the way you did. The gutsiest I get is to quickly hang up before an actual person gets on the phone after the dialer calls me. You go!

The Kelly Variety said...

Why do they always have to push Push PUSH? I feel a sense of empowerment when I can let them know how I really feel.
However, when it comes to the Special Olympics, I just feel like a jerk. I probably could afford a $1 pledge, but then they'll know I'm weak and they'll tell their friends and then every sad story will come my way ~ then what???
I love your backyard, and thank goodness for nice parents who let kids be kids!

dianeb said...

Lena - you are lookin GREAT!
you are too cute!

my boys would love to ride 4 wheelers with your boys! looks like too much fun!

Sunday Eric asked if you had your baby yet - he really wanted her to born on his bday!

Parley and Anna said...

Watch out telemarketers! Crazy preggo lady in the neighborhood! :) You tell them. Actually, I sometimes feel sorry for them because, sadly, I once worked as a phone surveyer and you wouldn't believe how many people are SO mean to poor, starving, practically destitute college students trying to earn a measly (and I mean measly) dollar. So I sympathize with them...a little bit.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Hey! I had no idea you had a blog. I just saw a link to it on Jennie's. I'll be checking it out from now on. Check mine out too at stephandbran.blogspot.com

Stacey Crewse said...

Hahahahaha!
I find it very hard to believe you were anything but sweet to that harrassing phone call guy! But happy to hear it worked, and the calls have stopped! Great job! Nothing like a great big dose or hormones helping us in times of need, Love it!
Have a great day!!!

EmJay said...

Super super cute. I still have that pic of your bare belly right before you delivered Rem somewhere on my computer. I don't know how the rest of your tiny body holds that thing up!

Kim said...

Love your cute belly...and can you answer my phone when telemarketers call, I would just love that response!