Friday, January 28, 2011

100th Post!

Well, isn't that nice. Maybe I will do something special for the 101th post!


Actually, I just wanted to post some of the projects that have been keeping me overly occupied.

First off is my NEW SEWING TABLE!!!!



You would be a lot more impressed if you could see how "uncute" it was when I first picked it up for almost free. It was a sad, old, highly used and abused (but still solid and sturdy) sewing table. And now, it makes me giddy with happiness everytime I see it.

Disclaimer: I didn't refinish it...Ryan did. I started to do it myself, but then Ryan informed me that I was doing it wrong and he took over the project. He did a wonderful job!

Next is our NEW CHALKBOARD!!!

I was trying to find an old chalkboard on craigslist to frame around, but it ended up being cheaper to order it new from a local company that works with the schools in the area.

And this next one has been in the dreaming for over a year...

OUR NEW PICTURE DISPLAY!!!


The picture doesn't really do it justice. It is over 7 feet long and about 4-5 feet tall. The pictures are all printed as a picture board, so they are far cheaper than a canvass and much easier to switch out than a picture frame. What can I say? I'm lazy and I'm cheap!

15 comments:

Jennie said...

That is one great 100th post. I love all three!!! I do wish I saw the before of that table, but it sure is darling! I love that Ryan took over that job, I can see Grant doing the same to me. Cute projects, makes me want to go do one.

Parley and Anna said...

Love the sewing table! Were you able to rig it so you could store your machine in it?! And I kind of saw in the corner of the picture display photo that you have your round table in your dining room. Can we see pics of that? Do you love it? You have been a busy lady!

3boys2girls said...

Very cute!! I love seeing others working so hard!

Andrea said...

Lazyandcheap just happens to be my middle name! I am anticanvas, because it is expensive, trendy, and what do you do with it next year when you get NEW family pictures? Waste.

(that said, I want one huge one for my living room...)

Way to go on the projects. I guess I will forgive your lack of writing on your blog since I now SEE how busy you've been.

Haley said...

Loved it all! The picture display is beyond perfect :) I just may follow your lead with that one... And nice work on the table Ry! Love the color choice Lena :)

The Kelly Variety said...

I always knew you were cheap!
I do love it when a dream actually becomes reality, and it still looks cute!

Cherie said...

I love all the new stuff. Very cute and fun!

EmJay said...

You're not cheap, you're crafty! I love your projects. Great job, Lena. I wish we lived closer so I could craft with you. I need someone to hold my hand so I don't cut it off.

Cristi said...

SO amazing - that sewing table is to die for!

evi said...

Love your projects, Lena -- everything turned out so pretty & charming! You certainly got a splendid talent. Keep on using it and showing it to us - I'm in awe (cause I'm just sooo lazy)! :)

Kim said...

You are not either lazy! You didn't even post all the wreaths and other amazing stuff you have made over there! But really I am in love with your chalkboard and framed pic display with shelves- so beautiful. Such a great use of that wall space... And I saw that sewing table and never would have guessed you guys refinished that- love the color! I need you to be my decorator over here next. ;-)

Hannah S said...

Way to complete awesome projects! I love all three of them. I am cheap and lazy too. where did you order those prints?

Marsha said...

I absolutely LOVE these projects. Cudos to Ryan for being such a good husband and great refinisher! My favorite is the picture board, but I love the new life given to the sewing cabinet. And I love the smile on your face ever time you look at it! And most of all, I love you!

Angela said...

I like the way you do things! Always cute, functional and not too expensive! I need to learn from you! I need a sewing table too. I have a dress half finished but haven't got the machine out again to complete it!

dianeb said...

WOWOW!!!
LOVE all these things!